I've learned important lessons in forgiveness (myself and others) and taken bold risks in my creative journey.
- Hawaii - snorkeling at my favorite beach and breakfast with an old friend
- Kelly Rae Roberts classes - mantras and angel wings
- Brene Brown Daring Way retreat with G - it's many lessons in vulnerability/shame and my new soulful friends
- Flora Bowley workshop - all of it, every magical and challenging bit of it
- New job - working part-time, risk, putting that queer theory degree to werk, safe zone trainings, beautiful office
- Ashland x 2 - Shakespeare theatre fest and my first and second rafting trips ever
- Thanksgiving and Xmas with the Es
- No cancer and other health successes!
- PAINTING, creativity as my meditation practice, painting as my soul work, painting faces for the first time, mixed media exploration, big abstract painting, more painting and even more painting, sharing this journey, sold my first paintings and print
- The summer of "work" with M and her kiddos - heart talks and kiddo bonding
- Concerts galore - Ingrid Michaelson, Madonna, Indigo Girls, Brandi Carlile, Patty Griffin, Josh Ritter, Damien Rice, Dave Matthews Band, Gregory Alan Isakov, Florence and the Machine, Alabama Shakes, The Weepies, The Devil Makes Three, Trampled By Turtles, and probably more that I'm forgetting.
- Arizona - my dearest friends and all their littles
- Edgefield Anniversary - surprise suite!
- Adventurer day with my loves - a hard day made memorable
- Spring Break in Missoula
- Camping with the boys
- Tubing with my river guide
- Gays marriage - social media explodes with love and the rally downtown. "We're not done"
- Palm Springs - wedding weekend fun times
- DMB with the Montana crew - surviving the cold and the broken air mattress for the best night of music and dancing
- Vday at the Grand Lodge and the best news from L & P on the drive home
- Pride party, the Big Gay Boat Ride, and recovery day
- Bruno is mellowing out, which means more cuddles and more snores (my favorite sound in the world)
- Lulu's excited greeting of running circles, side sitting, spooning
- Wine Tasting and mini beach trips
- The everyday with my love, my rock, my constant supporter - morning drives, movies, games, talks, cries, laughs. All of it.
It's in looking at my list and reflecting on the highlights that I remember all the good stuff. There's been a lot of good stuff and I'm fortunate to be on this journey. My themes remain constant:
- Creativity in so many forms
- Travel and exploration
- My sweet little family
- Connection and relationships
I'm giving myself permission in the coming year to evolve and grow without having a set course in mind, to follow my heart's desires, to say yes, to see myself as an artist, to see where that knowing takes me, to feel the feels, to be vulnerable, and to focus on the themes that resonate with me.