Given that it's October, I decided to create a Halloween themed layout using my costume from last year. I usually spend weeks planning, but last year I waited until the last minute. (And I did that again this year!) After watching some youtube makeup tutorials for zipper faces, I made this, and was surprised that it turned out better than I expected. My mother-in-law says she can't even look at this photo, because it's too gruesome.
For this month's Scrap Our Stash challenge, you're given this sketch for inspiration and instructed to dig into you stash and incorporate a metal component, I used red safety pins attached via brads to create a banner. You can't tell, but I appreciate that they actually move and sway when you move the layout. Happy Halloween and happy crafting!
Detail shots! For the background, I dyed modeling past in red and added it with a stencil, along with some red ink drips. I also used the red ink to dye white thicker alphas. You can also tell I'm really into messy pen outlines lately.
A few months ago, after taking Kelly Rae Robert's mantra painting course, I decided to try my hand at painting faces. I surprised myself with how much I enjoyed it and they turned out better than I anticipated. Shortly thereafter, Kelly announced an angel painting class. The timing was unreal and I signed up right away. In this first painting, she teaches how to use oil pastels, which I'd never used and I'm looking forward to experimenting with more.
Here's a couple progress photos, which show the evolution of this painting.
Also, here's a painting I created a couple months ago, which I never shared and want to document here. I'm curious how my work will evolve through the next six months of this course as I incorporate my style with Kelly's techniques.
Wine bottle replacing my nose and a play on the word wino. Get it? I thought this photo and caption were so funny and I couldn't wait to make this a scrapbook layout. This was one of the first nights of summer, spent with friends on a patio, drinking wine and playing games. Now that fall is in full force, I'm really going to miss those warm summer nights.
This was created as a Design Team Layout for Scrap Our Stash's October Challenge. As for the word INKS, I used the following: ink, numbers, KI Memories (glitter dots), and staples.
Now for the close-ups...
Before my focus turned to designing for teams, I used to enjoying creating layouts and combining as many challenges as possible. I was looking forward to this ScraptoberFest Challenge, which does just that, and it came together quickly. I changed the sketch to use one photo instead of two, I regularly use washi tape, and the palette has some of my favorite colors. All of that made it this challenge even easier!
I designed my page for the Scrap Our Stash reveal. If you create a layout, combining all (4) challenges on one layout and link it up to each participating blog, you will be eligible for a chance to win the ScraptoberFest BONUS prize.
Now here's some close-ups of this layout...