Now one of my favorite activities is attending the concerts of the musicians I adore. With summer quickly approaching, I'm particularly thrilled about the onset of outdoor concerts. Portland has some fantastic venues and I have a slew of amazing concerts lined up in the next few months. My wallet cries, but my heart is happiest watching live music, singing along with friends, and dancing as the sun fades.
This week's art journal prompt was to create an authenticity playlist with a song that lifts you up, a song that you love to dance to, a song you want to sing along to, a song to get you through tough times, and a feisty song. Creatively, I believe this is my favorite art journal spread to date and the process came easily. The hardest part of this journal was determining my favorite song for each category. I quickly decided not to limit myself to just one and picked three songs for each. As I was creating the page, I had an actual playlist of these songs on in the background. Our house is typically filled with music, but it was little louder and there was even more dancing this week.
- Lifts: Chris Pureka - Wagon Wheel, Hedwig and the Angry Inch - Wig in a Box, and Journey - Don't Stop Believing
- Dance: OutKast - Hey Ya, Robyn - Call Your Girlfriend, and Rocky Horror Picture Show - Time Warp
- Sing Along: Joe Purdy - Ode to Sad Clown, Elton John - Tiny Dancer, and Warren G - Regulate
- Get Through: Indigo Girls - Ghost, Brandi Carlile - Pride and Joy, and Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah
- Kick Ass: Pink - Just Like a Pill, Ani DiFranco - 32 Flavors, and Tori Amos - Silent All These Years